- Why listening is important, and why transcripts matter
- Considerations for beginners, intermediate and advanced
- The trouble finding good material
Resources that are unhelpful:
- YouTube videos
Resources I consider helpful:
- Graded readers with audiobooks (with caveats)
- FluentU, Easy Languages, etc (with caveats)
- Persist with native speaker resources that really interest you
- Podcasts for language learners with transcripts (mostly for English learners)
- Random language blogs and products
- I have hired people to transcribe material I like in the past
Resources Mentioned In Today's Episode:
- IWTYAL 185: How to make your sentences less English
- The Big Listening Con – Why Most Listening Practice Material Isn't Fit For Purpose
Start Speaking Today:
I’d like to thank iTalki for supporting the show. To claim your free lesson and start speaking today, visit: https://iwillteachyoualanguage.com//italkishownotes
Do you have a question?
Ask me your language learning questions by clicking here, and I’ll do my best to feature it on the show!
Also, please subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates.
Thanks so much for listening to this episode of the podcast!
If you’ve got any comments about the show then please leave them in the “comments” section below!
If you’d like to help me out, then I’d love it if you could…
- Share the episode using the social media buttons around you
- Leave an honest review and rating of the podcast on iTunes (click here to do that)
iTunes reviews in particular really help the rankings of the podcast and help me to reach other aspiring language learners out there!
See you in the next episode of the I Will Teach You A Language podcast!