IWTYAL 018: When do you consider yourself fluent in another language?
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Android |
Isabelle asks: “At what point do you consider yourself to be fluent in another language?”
In this episode:
- What is fluency?
- What does it mean to you personally?
- When do you switch from learning a language to maintaining it?
Resources featured in this episode:
- CEFR – Common European Framework of Reference
- IWTYAL Episode 13 – Tamiyo's question about when it's time to move on to a new language
- Language Learning Foundations – my video course where I teach you the specific techniques I use to learn to speak a new language quickly
Today's featured resource:
- “The objective isn't complete satisfaction but balanced dissatisfaction” – Henry Kissenger
Do you have a question?
Ask me your language learning questions by clicking here, and I'll do my best to feature it on the show!
Also, please subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates.
Thanks for listening
Thanks so much for listening to this episode of the podcast!
If you've got any comments about the show then please leave them in the “comments” section below!
If you'd like to help me out, then I'd love it if you could…
- Share the episode using the social media buttons around you
- Leave an honest review and rating of the podcast on iTunes (click here to do that)
iTunes reviews in particular really help the rankings of the podcast and help me to reach other aspiring language learners out there!
See you in the next episode of the I Will Teach You A Language podcast!
Free Email Course
People speak too fast?
Free email course teaches you advanced listening skills to understand native speakers at ANY speed.