Nicolás asks: “Do we need vacations from language learning?”
- My life is full of examples of doing things better after a long break
- Our brains can only achieve so much by focused attention
- The Pomodoro technique works on this principle
- Focus mode vs diffuse mode
- Small scale – i.e. my daily writing habits in one day
- Large scale – i.e. learning patterns over many months
- Breaks are essential… even many months can be fine
- It works even better if you can take “study breaks” while also speaking or using the language a lot
Resources Mentioned in Today's Episode:
- 5 Lessons I Learned from Barbara Oakley – a great video from my friend Nasos
Start Speaking Today:
I’d like to thank italki for supporting the show. To claim your free lesson and start speaking today, visit: https://iwillteachyoualanguage.com//italkishownotes
Do you have a question?
Ask me your language learning questions by clicking here, and I’ll do my best to feature it on the show!
Also, please subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates.
Thanks so much for listening to this episode of the podcast!
If you’ve got any comments about the show then please leave them in the “comments” section below!
If you’d like to help me out, then I’d love it if you could…
- Share the episode using the social media buttons around you
- Leave an honest review and rating of the podcast on iTunes (click here to do that)
iTunes reviews in particular really help the rankings of the podcast and help me to reach other aspiring language learners out there!
See you in the next episode of the I Will Teach You A Language podcast!