IWTYAL 145: Staying safe in language exchanges
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Android |
Ashley asks: “How do you stay safe when doing language exchanges?”
In this episode:
- Making connections is the real joy of language learning
- My perspective as a man
- It's undeniable that some people are looking for more – just like real life!
- Just as in real life, you need to stay aware
- Corresponding in advance, talking about the terms of your exchange, and trusting your gut is probably best
- Beyond that, if you're meeting online (such as Skype), you're safe – just don't reveal any personal details
- You could use a separate Skype name and Gmail address, but that might not be the foundation of a good friendship
- If meeting face-to-face, it's almost certainly fine, just meet in a public place
- However, I'm not best qualified to advise on this… leave your comments please!
Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
Start speaking today
I’d like to thank iTalki for supporting the show. iTalki is the best place online to connect with affordable and effective native speakers teachers and tutors.
To claim your free lesson and start speaking today, simply visit:https://iwillteachyoualanguage.com//italkishownotes
Do you have a question?
Ask me your language learning questions by clicking here, and I’ll do my best to feature it on the show!
Also, please subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates.
Thanks so much for listening to this episode of the podcast!
If you’ve got any comments about the show then please leave them in the “comments” section below!
If you’d like to help me out, then I’d love it if you could…
- Share the episode using the social media buttons around you
- Leave an honest review and rating of the podcast on iTunes (click here to do that)
iTunes reviews in particular really help the rankings of the podcast and help me to reach other aspiring language learners out there!
See you in the next episode of the I Will Teach You A Language podcast!
Free Email Course
People speak too fast?
Free email course teaches you advanced listening skills to understand native speakers at ANY speed.