In Today's Episode:
- The principle of review is super important
- In the past, I've spent 15 minutes at the end of the day reviewing what I did in the morning, and it's very effective
- The foundation of memory and mastery is repetition
- Your teacher is right that reviewing your notes is the best way to learn the stuff from the lesson
- However, the question remains… why?
- If the topics aren't relevant to you, it can be demotivating
- But if you have follow-up lessons on the same topic, then reviewing your notes is bound to help you
- It's the big conundrum of classroom learning – is the stuff actually relevant or interesting to you?
- I suggest dealing with the reality in front of you and doing your best to learn it
- Review the whole text, not just the vocab
- Study “smart” not “hard” – e.g. identify the really important words and work hard to remember them
- Free Listening Course – a free email course to help you memorise vocabulary
Start Speaking Today:
I’d like to thank italki for supporting the show. To claim your free lesson and start speaking today, visit: https://iwillteachyoualanguage.com//italkishownotes
Do You Have A Question?
Ask me your language learning questions by clicking here, and I’ll do my best to feature it on the show!
Also, please subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates.
Thanks so much for listening to this episode of the podcast!
If you’ve got any comments about the show then please leave them in the “comments” section below!
If you’d like to help me out, then I’d love it if you could…
- Share the episode using the social media buttons around you
- Leave an honest review and rating of the podcast on iTunes (click here to do that)
iTunes reviews in particular really help the rankings of the podcast and help me to reach other aspiring language learners out there!
See you in the next episode of the I Will Teach You A Language podcast!