IWTYAL 278: How to make revision effective & fun
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Android |
Maria asks: How can I integrate revision into my schedule?
In Today's Episode:
- Revision needs to be meaningful and you need to know it works
- It's possible to waste a lot of time with revision, time that you could be spending with more content
- It can be tricky with multiple languages
- I tend to think of revision now more as a question of repeating content – listening/reading to things over and over
- Important point: Things that you want to “revise” will learn themselves naturally over time
- Taking notes is a funny one… many people literally never look at them again
- My personal revision process involves:
- Putting key phrases into flashcards and reviewing regularly
- Highlighting useful words/phrases for lessons
- Covering topics multiple times in speaking sessions
- I deal with grammar by:
- Putting complete sentences into flashcards
- Looking briefly at rules, and then noticing how that grammar is used in real content
- Bulletproof Memory – My complete programme for developing a world-class memory & never forgetting another word
- IWTYAL 246 – Why do some gurus advise against learning multiple languages at the same time?
Start Speaking Today:
I’d like to thank italki for supporting the show. To claim your free lesson and start speaking today, visit: https://iwillteachyoualanguage.com//italkishownotes
Do You Have A Question?
Ask me your language learning questions by clicking here, and I’ll do my best to feature it on the show!
Also, please subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates.
Thanks so much for listening to this episode of the podcast!
If you’ve got any comments about the show then please leave them in the “comments” section below!
If you’d like to help me out, then I’d love it if you could…
- Share the episode using the social media buttons around you
- Leave an honest review and rating of the podcast on iTunes (click here to do that)
iTunes reviews in particular really help the rankings of the podcast and help me to reach other aspiring language learners out there!
See you in the next episode of the I Will Teach You A Language podcast!
Free Email Course
People speak too fast?
Free email course teaches you advanced listening skills to understand native speakers at ANY speed.