IWTYAL 323: How to learn a language on a budget
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Android |
Ashlin asks: “How can I learn Mandarin on a budget?”
In Today's Episode:
- It's not always the case that “free” is good… some people only commit to something when they've forked out some cash! Which are you?
- You may be surprised how much language material is available in your local library
- Go down to your library and choose a good textbook with audio
- Go home, and work all the way through it from cover to cover! (Don't get distracted with apps etc)
- Then, find a few conversation partners on one of the following sites, and meet with them regularly to practise what you learn:
- HelloTalk (App)
- Tandem (App)
Start Speaking Today:
I’d like to thank italki for supporting the show. To claim your free lesson and start speaking today, visit: https://iwillteachyoualanguage.com//italkishownotes
Do You Have A Question?
Ask me your language learning questions by clicking here, and I’ll do my best to feature it on the show!
Also, please subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates.
Thanks so much for listening to this episode of the podcast!
If you’ve got any comments about the show then please leave them in the “comments” section below!
If you’d like to help me out, then I’d love it if you could…
- Share the episode using the social media buttons around you
- Leave an honest review and rating of the podcast on iTunes (click here to do that)
iTunes reviews in particular really help the rankings of the podcast and help me to reach other aspiring language learners out there!
See you in the next episode of the I Will Teach You A Language podcast!
Free Email Course
People speak too fast?
Free email course teaches you advanced listening skills to understand native speakers at ANY speed.