IWTYAL 210: How was the Montreal Language Festival?
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Android |
This weekend, I was in Montreal for LangFest 2017. Since then, many friends have been asking me how it was. So, in this episode, I answer that question publicly.
- Many people from the Community traveled from far and wide to attend the conference
- It's great to take a few days to step away and think about language and language learning with calm… it's inspiring
- My talk on memory
- Stephen Krashen, Steve Kaufmann and comprehensible input
- Does comprehensible input or conscious learning result in skill building?
- Story and graded readers
- The theme emerging from speakers that stuck with me was that of “compelling input” and “passion” … nothing new, but the extent of the emphasis was a good reminder of what matters
- I personally found this a great boost for my work with graded readers
- Montreal is a great, cosmopolitan city, despite taxes, tips and crazy weather
- Alex Rawlings gave a great talk in which he parodied language learning methods
- I had some great meetings with Stephen Krashen and Teach Yourself
- Caught up with Richard and Alex, had good time to chat with Benny and Steve Kaufmann
- Organising a conference is a LOT of work
Resources mentioned in today's episode:
Start Speaking Today:
I’d like to thank italki for supporting the show. To claim your free lesson and start speaking today, visit: https://iwillteachyoualanguage.com//italkishownotes
Do you have a question?
Ask me your language learning questions by clicking here, and I’ll do my best to feature it on the show!
Also, please subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates.
Thanks so much for listening to this episode of the podcast!
If you’ve got any comments about the show then please leave them in the “comments” section below!
If you’d like to help me out, then I’d love it if you could…
- Share the episode using the social media buttons around you
- Leave an honest review and rating of the podcast on iTunes (click here to do that)
iTunes reviews in particular really help the rankings of the podcast and help me to reach other aspiring language learners out there!
See you in the next episode of the I Will Teach You A Language podcast!
Free Email Course
People speak too fast?
Free email course teaches you advanced listening skills to understand native speakers at ANY speed.