In Today's Episode:
- In language teaching theory, 8-12 new words a day is often used as a rule of thumb
- How many words you learn in a day isn't a great measurement of progress in a language
- It's impossible to control when a word is actually learnt
- The most effective way to learn vocabulary is in the context of the “whole language” – i.e. through listening, reading and speaking
- Bulletproof Memory – My complete memory course where I teach you the most effective techniques for learning vocabulary in a foreign language
Start Speaking Today:
I’d like to thank italki for supporting the show. To claim your free lesson and start speaking today, visit: https://iwillteachyoualanguage.com//italkishownotes
Do You Have A Question?
Ask me your language learning questions by clicking here, and I’ll do my best to feature it on the show!
Also, please subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates.
Thanks so much for listening to this episode of the podcast!
If you’ve got any comments about the show then please leave them in the “comments” section below!
If you’d like to help me out, then I’d love it if you could…
- Share the episode using the social media buttons around you
- Leave an honest review and rating of the podcast on iTunes (click here to do that)
iTunes reviews in particular really help the rankings of the podcast and help me to reach other aspiring language learners out there!
See you in the next episode of the I Will Teach You A Language podcast!