Andrew asks: “I'm learning Lao. Is there a benefit to daily journaling?”
In This Episode:
Writing in your target language is a fantastic activity, especially if it appeals to you! Here are some of the benefits:
- Review and consolidate what you've been learning
- Experiment with grammar and pose questions to yourself (which can get answered)
- Throws up new vocabulary that you'll have to look up
- Exposes your “interlanguage”
- Gives your teacher something to work with
- Provides evidence of progress
- Can match your learning style, thereby enhancing learning
One of the most important things about writing is, after you get feedback, to go and act on that feedback. It's too easy to not learn the lessons from teacher feedback.
- All the Writing Resources for Language Learning You'll Ever Need – a helpful blog post on writing by Lindsay Williams
Start Speaking Today:
I’d like to thank italki for supporting the show. To claim your free lesson and start speaking today, visit: https://iwillteachyoualanguage.com//italkishownotes
Do You Have A Question?
Ask me your language learning questions by clicking here, and I’ll do my best to feature it on the show!
Also, please subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates.
Thanks so much for listening to this episode of the podcast!
If you’ve got any comments about the show then please leave them in the “comments” section below!
If you’d like to help me out, then I’d love it if you could…
- Share the episode using the social media buttons around you
- Leave an honest review and rating of the podcast on iTunes (click here to do that)
iTunes reviews in particular really help the rankings of the podcast and help me to reach other aspiring language learners out there!
See you in the next episode of the I Will Teach You A Language podcast!