IWTYAL 256: The extraordinary power of haircuts in language learning
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Android |
In this solo episode, Olly talks about why haircuts are a fantastic language learning tool.
In This Episode:
- My recent haircut in Hong Kong
- How haircuts help you level-up in your language learning:
- Chitchat is mandatory
- You'll never get spoken to as much anywhere else, or asked as many questions
- There's no escape
- You have to actively engage in the conversation and reply to questions
- You're sitting there for extensive periods of time
- You have to push through pain barriers and tiredness
- You get stronger at socialising, which can have big knock-on effects on confidence etc
- The broader lesson is to put yourself in situations where the language is not the focus of the activity, so you're not being judged
- What other activities can you do that lead you to use the language in a more social way?
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone. – Neale Donald Walsch
Start Speaking Today:
I’d like to thank italki for supporting the show. To claim your free lesson and start speaking today, visit: https://iwillteachyoualanguage.com//italkishownotes
Do You Have A Question?
Ask me your language learning questions by clicking here, and I’ll do my best to feature it on the show!
Also, please subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates.
Thanks so much for listening to this episode of the podcast!
If you’ve got any comments about the show then please leave them in the “comments” section below!
If you’d like to help me out, then I’d love it if you could…
- Share the episode using the social media buttons around you
- Leave an honest review and rating of the podcast on iTunes (click here to do that)
iTunes reviews in particular really help the rankings of the podcast and help me to reach other aspiring language learners out there!
See you in the next episode of the I Will Teach You A Language podcast!
Free Email Course
People speak too fast?
Free email course teaches you advanced listening skills to understand native speakers at ANY speed.