French Punctuation: The Curious Case of the Space

If you are learning French, punctuation may not be the first thing you think you need to focus on. In fact, no matter which language you are learning, punctuation is likely far down your list of things to learn. You probably prefer to focus instead on learning vocabulary and grammar. After all, punctuation is only […]

Olly's Top Resources For Learning:

One simple strategy for learning the hardest grammar in the world

If you’re learning a difficult language, you might be wondering how best to set about learning its grammar. You might have flicked through various textbooks, maybe even done a few of the grammar exercises… and felt so overwhelmed that you wanted to throw the book through the window! Well, fear not! This post will show […]

Olly's Top Resources For Learning:

The Grammar Myth… Debunked!

This is not the first article ever written about grammar. And it certainly won’t be the last. But I was shocked to discover recently that, despite talking about it quite often, I’ve never actually written a post dedicated to that big question that kicks up so much controversy and divides opinion like Marmite: “Should I […]

Olly's Top Resources For Learning:

5 uncommon grammar games that won’t send you to sleep

Grammar, grammar, grammar. Now, if you’re still reading, then this is the post for you! 🙂 Cher Hale, who writes about learning Italian over at the Iceberg Project shares five awesomely creative grammar games that you can use to level-up your language in no time. I like this post because it forces you to get your head […]

Olly's Top Resources For Learning:

Learning Egyptian Arabic Grammar – Week 3 Summary

This is a summary of the 3rd week of my project to learn Egyptian Arabic. Until this point in the project I’ve avoided any study of grammar, choosing to focus on vocabulary instead. I have quite a laissez-faire approach to studying grammar, but curiosity finally got the better of me this week and I started […]

Olly's Top Resources For Learning:

How To Deal With Grammar

Grammar has a bad name. The good news is that you don’t need to get hung up on it. A staggering 95% of all meaning (by some estimates) in a language is conveyed by the words themselves. That means that grammar falls within the remaining 5%. This is, of course, an over-simplification, but what I […]

Olly's Top Resources For Learning: